Betelgeuse Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lycanthropy

+4
nekoal18
AGWizard
Eli
Oak
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Lycanthropy Empty Lycanthropy

Post  Oak Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:14 am

I'm thinking of making a character with Lycanthropy (Being a werewolf), would that be OK? I would make it a more traditional, turning into a wolf at night occasionally, rather than at choice, like in Skyrim.
Oak
Oak

Back to top Go down

Lycanthropy Empty Re: Lycanthropy

Post  Eli Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:18 am

Send Luna, Sight, and I a private message explaining why you want to be a werewolf, and why we should accept it. All special races like that need to be approved.

Basically, convince us we should let you be a werewolf.
Eli
Eli
Admin
Admin

https://betelgeuse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Oak Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:47 am

Done. Could you please tell me if you got it or not?
Oak
Oak

Back to top Go down

Post  Eli Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:58 am

I haven't read it yet, I've been busy writing the back story for the new plot. But I'll look it over and discuss it with Sight and Luna. You'll have your answer sometime tomorrow.
Eli
Eli
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Oak Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:01 am

Cool, thanks.
Oak
Oak

Back to top Go down

Post  AGWizard Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:07 am

Oak wrote:I'm thinking of making a character with Lycanthropy (Being a werewolf), would that be OK? I would make it a more traditional, turning into a wolf at night occasionally, rather than at choice, like in Skyrim.
well...our characters might not be getting along.

Creatures of the Moon fighting it out!
AGWizard
AGWizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Eli Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:33 pm

This isn't Twilight. Or Underworld for that matter.

I haven't written the lore regarding vampires and werewolves yet, but I'm fairly certain they're going to be indifferent towards one another, not instinctually hate each other.

That being said, if your character happens to have something against another species, that's completely different.
Eli
Eli
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nekoal18 Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:50 pm

I prefer to keep it simple and focus more on Character development.
nekoal18
nekoal18

Back to top Go down

Post  AGWizard Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:33 pm

Eli wrote:This isn't Twilight. Or Underworld for that matter.

I haven't written the lore regarding vampires and werewolves yet, but I'm fairly certain they're going to be indifferent towards one another, not instinctually hate each other.

That being said, if your character happens to have something against another species, that's completely different.

Rivalries between Vampires and Werewolves far pre-dates Twilight. it's always been a thing. Twilight only brought more attention to the it.

P.S. : I have lots of horrible things to say about twilight. long, slanderous story short, I don't like Twilight.
AGWizard
AGWizard

Back to top Go down

Post  LunaMarilandValentine Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:35 pm

Actually most of the time Vampires and Werewolves don't interact much and I would think they'd be fairly indifferent to one another. And also I hate Twilight as well. The lore is completely wrong.
LunaMarilandValentine
LunaMarilandValentine

Back to top Go down

Post  Eli Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:37 pm

Also said Underworld. Underworld is the first instance I know of where vampires and werewolves had their little punch up. And to be frank, I don't care about Twilight one way or another. Was it good? No. Was it the worst thing ever written? Again, no.

I mean, Dracula never had an issue with the Wolfman.
Eli
Eli
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AGWizard Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:55 pm

Eli wrote:This isn't Twilight. Or Underworld for that matter.

I feel this is a good time to mention my Vampire is different then conventional vampires! but you probably knew that. Just saying normal vampire killers wont work on him. (i.e. stake in heart, silver, daylight,etc) these things do work on conventional vampires though. (in my version there are 2 kinds the other is the kind that is affected by some those). the invitation thing is sort of a thing but its more so race spread manners then a vampire curse. I hope you like my version of this whole vampire thing.
AGWizard
AGWizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sight Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:55 pm

I have written up a section (only visible to admins at the moment) concerning the werewolves and vampires subject. Hopefully it'll clear things up.
Sight
Sight
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pan N'el Dar Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:10 pm

You do realize, however, that if you or anyone else becomes a vampire you...

-Will have to follow traditional conventions? (death in water, no sunlight, etc.)
-Will have to feed on others, thus turning them into vampires?
-Will have super-speed, super strength and super illusion skills? (which will make the character overpowered)
-Will have almost every woman on the server falling in love with you, due to your "beauty"?
-Will have to sleep in a coffin during daytime, which most people reserve for roleplaying?

Werewolves would be slightly annoying, but the number of setbacks of actually being a lyncanthrope or a vampire simply overpower the roleplaying benefits of being one. I'm guessing this is why Eli, Sight and Luna banned anthro characters; because it makes things needlessly complicated.

To the lyncanthropy thing: night falls every 15/20 minutes in-game. Oak, do you REALLY want to painstakingly roleplay turning into a werewolf every fifteen or twenty minutes? I think that'd get very tiresome very fast, if not for you than definitely for others.

Not to mention that ALL clerics will hate vampires/werewolves and try to cure or kill them. That means that there's an entire class you won't be able to roleplay with without them either killing you or pitifully attempting to cure you. I know for a fact that I will be playing a cleric, and I don't want to lose the opportunity to roleplay with you guys because you choose to be vamps or werewolves.

The way I see it, it`d be more of an inconvenience than anything to be a vamp / furry werewolf, and to have to remember all of the lore and/or make up lore.
Pan N'el Dar
Pan N'el Dar

Back to top Go down

Post  Eli Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:12 pm

As we said, we'll be writing lore for vampires and werewolves, no just following the stereotypes.

And Arc, I'll message you concerning your vision of vampires. It goes against several of the things we've already written for them. Also, you ripped it straight from Type-Moon.

Last edited by Eli on Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eli
Eli
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nekoal18 Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:12 pm

Meh, if we get a decent monk or priest around, he is gonna make a fortune on Silver weaponry.
nekoal18
nekoal18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sight Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:13 pm

Qualin_Silverward wrote:You do realize, however, that if you or anyone else becomes a vampire you...

-Will have to follow traditional conventions? (death in water, no sunlight, etc.)
-Will have to feed on others, thus turning them into vampires?
-Will have super-speed, super strength and super illusion skills? (which will make the character overpowered)
-Will have almost every woman on the server falling in love with you, due to your "beauty"?
-Will have to sleep in a coffin during daytime, which most people reserve for roleplaying?

Werewolves would be slightly annoying, but the number of setbacks of actually being a lyncanthrope or a vampire simply overpower the roleplaying benefits of being one. I'm guessing this is why Eli, Sight and Luna banned anthro characters; because it makes things needlessly complicated.

To the lyncanthropy thing: night falls every 15/20 minutes in-game. Oak, do you REALLY want to painstakingly roleplay turning into a werewolf every fifteen or twenty minutes? I think that'd get very tiresome very fast, if not for you than definitely for others.

Not to mention that ALL clerics will hate vampires/werewolves and try to cure or kill them. That means that there's an entire class you won't be able to roleplay with without them either killing you or pitifully attempting to cure you. I know for a fact that I will be playing a cleric, and I don't want to lose the opportunity to roleplay with you guys because you choose to be vamps or werewolves.

The way I see it, it`d be more of an inconvenience than anything to be a vamp / furry werewolf, and to have to remember all of the lore and/or make up lore.

We'll set something in place to where its not so difficult for Vampires and Werewolves. I mean, Lycans change on the full moon, and now Minecraft has moon phases.
Sight
Sight
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pan N'el Dar Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:18 pm

Damn, I just missed that message as I was posting.

Well, you know my vote on furries werewolves and sparkly moon-fairies vampires, at any rate.

EDIT: WAIT, MINECRAFT HAS MOON PHASES?!
Totally using that for my "religion"
Pan N'el Dar
Pan N'el Dar

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaurature Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:19 pm

nekoal18 wrote:Meh, if we get a decent monk or priest around, he is gonna make a fortune on Silver weaponry.

Alchemically created silver weapons.....hell yes! Cheap solution. hmmm wait.....wpuld silver wqeapons basivally be gold, as there is no silver in the game...

Vaurature

Back to top Go down

Post  Pan N'el Dar Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:24 pm

Maybe that'd create a use for wooden weapons: have the wood be doused and blessed in some sort of holy substance. It'd be like an advanced sort of crucifix. They obviously wouldn't do more than silver weapons, though.
Pan N'el Dar
Pan N'el Dar

Back to top Go down

Post  Oak Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:10 pm

Sorry to rush, but could I get a yes,no or "Rework your character to fit this."
I just want to have a full character profile soon.
Oak
Oak

Back to top Go down

Post  AGWizard Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:10 pm

Eli wrote:As we said, we'll be writing lore for vampires and werewolves, no just following the stereotypes.

And Arc, I'll message you concerning your vision of vampires. It goes against several of the things we've already written for them. Also, you ripped it straight from Type-Moon.
Totally did and i cannot deny it

....well if i cant be like a type moon vampire then i guess I'll follow the standards of vampires. I just really liked their versions of vampires.
AGWizard
AGWizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Eli Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:18 pm

I like some of their ideas, but we plan on having a (hopefully) unique take on vampires. Or if not, I plan on basing them more on a traditional vampire mixed with a little bit of Anne Rice.
Eli
Eli
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaurature Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:19 pm

AGWizard wrote:
Eli wrote:As we said, we'll be writing lore for vampires and werewolves, no just following the stereotypes.

Totally did and i cannot deny it

....well if i cant be like a type moon vampire then i guess I'll follow the standards of vampires. I just really liked their versions of vampires.

They have a template for lycans and such in the characters thread. This goes for both you and oak.

Vaurature

Back to top Go down

Post  Eli Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:20 pm

That's more of the history of Vampires and Werewolves. Where they came from. We'll be making another post about the actual lore.
Eli
Eli
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next