Betelgeuse Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The World of Markatta

3 posters

Go down

The World of Markatta Empty The World of Markatta

Post  LunaMarilandValentine Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:27 pm

This world is the one in which Luna has grown up in many times. She is the youngest of the royal family and can take over the throne at any time she so chooses no matter which life she is in. Now that the introduction has been finished let me start my discussion/description of the world of Markatta.

ORIGIN:

The name Markatta comes from the musical term marcato which is a type of "attack" for stringed instruments specifically (Source Dictionary.com). This was a term I thought proper since it is nice sounding and similar to Staccato which is a short and separated style and attack. This also refers to fanfares played for announcements of any kind as they are played in such a fashion.
As for the origin of the world itself the story is fairly simple. The first thing one must know is that this world is the combination of the first ten Final Fantasy's all under one world. They were of course separate during their own plots, however according to Final Fantasy Dissida the worlds were destroyed due to the battles between Chaos and Cosmos. After these events (and Kingdom Hearts will agree) the people found their way to a new home. This world was Markatta.

THE WORLD ITSELF:

The native language is called Markattian though there are no real-world roots. The planet is roughly 10 times the size of earth and has three normally seen moons and one hidden moon. Most can speak English and many speak Al-bhed. Each of the games/worlds got their own Continent however there are 11 continents. One for each game but then a smaller one for the capital. The Continent is Ivilace and the Castle is located there. The royal family rules from there and many people live in the capital city. It's a large but clean city with beautiful gardens, roads, and buildings. There are thieves but it is not so much a problem as they only take what they need and it is a fairly well thought of class. Mages and Knights however are the ones everyone looks up to, well unless you're Yufie or something. In this world Chocobos run free throughout the green fields and lush forests, monsters roam outside of the cities and get stronger the further from the road you go. This is truly a world of beauty and wonder. Chocobos are large chickens which people use for transportation as there are no horses (or pigs I guess). Anyone and Everyone can obtain a chocobo either out in the wilds or buying one from a ranch. These creatures can fly and swim at fairly decent rates, however airships and boats are preferred for intercontinental travel.

THE CONTINENTS:

The First Continent: This is Final Fantasy I. From my research there is no official name for the world so it is known as Unest (Pronounced YOU-NEST).*

The Second Continent: This is Final Fantasy II which also has no known name. So it is known as Deaux (DEW-EXS).*

The Third Continent: Final Fantasy III also unnamed. Known as Trasix (trace-icks).*

The Fourth Continent: Final Fantasy IV is called Earth but is called Eran (Errand) in Markattian. This is the world where Cecil comes from. He leads the Red Barons who are actually loyal to the royal family and make up the bulk of Markatta's Air force. The Continent is full of mountains and has several smaller islands around it.

The Fifth Continent: Final Fantasy V is Unnamed but is known as Fifle (FIFE EL).*

The Sixth Continent: Final Fantasy VI is officially world Of Balance and Ruin (parallel worlds) called Bale and Ruis (Rues). This continent is split in half. The western portion is Bale while the eastern half is Ruis. They are separated by a mighty river and connected by a bridge.*

The Seventh Continent: Final Fantasy VII is called Gaia which was changed to Gieas (GEE ASS). This world is one of the more technologically advanced continents and is known for it's neon lights, big cities, fast cars, and cramped areas. Here there are many groups with varying agendas. There is almost always some sort of strife going on there. However they do have great amusement parks!

The Eighth Continent: Final Fantasy VIII is also unnamed. It is known by the name Eteis (et is). This continent is much like modern times with cars and paved roads. Here there is a prestigious school which many people go to for various reasons.

The Ninth Continent: Final Fantasy IX is Terra called Teras (Tears). This continent is surrounded by mountains except for the small ports. Inland it is very misty and not suited for air travel. However the greatest performers come from Teras. There is a school for musicians and performers there.

The Tenth Continent: Final Fantasy X is Spira. This continent is a fairly nice place since Sin was destroyed with the world. This is where most of the summoners go to train and learn. Many come back with great power. This is also where all the sports tend to be held such as Blitzball.

* They are just as they appear in the games. Seeing as I have limited knowledge about them I will have to wait on their full description.

The Eleventh Continent: This is the continent Ivalice. The location of the Castle, where the royal family lives, and where the bulk of the description will be. This is also known as the capital of Markatta as they were unified by the royal family when all of the people first migrated to the world. Most of the time when one enters Markatta they are magically dropped in the middle of a large forest with beautiful trees. This forest is located in the southern parts of the continent. Around these forests on the northern side is grasslands while the southern side has long beautiful beaches that are a popular vacation destination. Further up are the mountain ranges followed by a snowy valley, another mountain range, and more grasslands. The center has a small jungle and on the other side is is grasslands, forests, grasslands, a desert in the far west, then on the northern most shores would be where the capital city is located. The castle is separate from Castle Town and is perched on a picturesque cliff overlooking the ocean. There are beaches nearby but much of it has fishing villages located along them. This continent is home to the famous Hero School which Luna herself built and founded. Her dear guard Mercy is the dean while she is a student and teacher there. Vel is also a teacher.

Feel free to post any questions you may have and I shall answer them in as much detail as I can provide.

Last edited by LunaMarilandValentine on Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:26 pm; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding and there will always be editing. Always adding and changing.)
LunaMarilandValentine
LunaMarilandValentine

Back to top Go down

The World of Markatta Empty who is most dominant?

Post  nekoal18 Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:09 am

Which continant is the most dominant out of the ones above? (Ie: Who is the USA of Markatta?)
nekoal18
nekoal18

Back to top Go down

The World of Markatta Empty Dominant Continent

Post  LunaMarilandValentine Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:26 am

I thought this would be obvious but it is still a valid question. The dominant continent of Markatta is Ivalice where the royal family is located. All of the continents swear loyalty to the royal family.
LunaMarilandValentine
LunaMarilandValentine

Back to top Go down

The World of Markatta Empty Re: The World of Markatta

Post  AGWizard Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:33 am

the eleventh continent is Ivalice?........What Vana'diel not good enough for you? Razz
AGWizard
AGWizard

Back to top Go down

Post  LunaMarilandValentine Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:39 am

I didn't like Final fantasy 11 and as I said this was made before 11 ever even came out ^.^
LunaMarilandValentine
LunaMarilandValentine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down