Betelgeuse Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ridgire: A Gentleman and a Fiend

2 posters

Go down

Ridgire: A Gentleman and a Fiend Empty Ridgire: A Gentleman and a Fiend

Post  KraftyKlutz Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:12 am

Name: Ridgire
Appearance: Ridgire is a 10 foot tall, incredibly muscular half-Giant with long, orange hair and a heavy beard. He most often wears simple, heavy furs, a heavy, long-staffed Greathammer strapped to his back and dual daggers hidden in his coat. His deep violet eyes resonate with his age and wisdom.
[EDIT] Since arriving in Vendigroth, Ridgire has taken to wearing a long grey cloak over his furs, clasped at the neck with a large sapphire he discovered while excavating his home

Backstory

I have long since forgotten the names of my parents. I was born in a town called Artel. It was a great center for trade and commerce in my land. My parents were the most prestigious of the merchants. Everyone looked up to them and sought their advice. We were a noble family. My entire life my parents raised me to be a merchant like them, training me in the arts of trade, commerce. That all came crashing down soon enough though. When I was 13, my home town was attacked and destroyed. I alone escaped, desperate and scared. I traveled the closest city, only to find it too had been razed. My entire species, the civilization I was a part of, had been brutally annihilated. I began traveling then. I stowed away on a merchant ship to some distant land when I was 16. I took refuge in the streets and alleys of some vast city, honing my skills in stealth, and expanding my abilities in trade. I stayed there a long time, smuggling goods, legal and otherwise between respective parties. I don't remember how long exactly, but I was a young adult, perhaps 109, when I finally left, traveling abroad again. I came across a castle of the whitest stone, and was taken in by the knights living there, where I trained as a swordsman. Combined with my stealth, I was one of the most skilled soldiers there. I stayed there a long time too. Most of my friends died though, and so I left, walking the land, hunting what little food I needed. During my travels I came across a strange rift. A portal, I suppose. Curious, and sick of the world I was in, I stepped through, and was cast into this world. Apparently the portal also sent me backwards in time, as it wasn't for another 78 years that I encountered the others who had traveled through portals. During those 78 years, I searched through the various ruins of Betelguese, and the rest is yet to come.

Ridgire has a gruff demeanor, but is generally friendly and easy to get along with. Although, having been alone for such long periods of time, he sometimes forgets how to deal with people

Last edited by Ridgire on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

KraftyKlutz

Back to top Go down

Ridgire: A Gentleman and a Fiend Empty Re: Ridgire: A Gentleman and a Fiend

Post  KraftyKlutz Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:01 am

Ridgire, whilst on one of his many pilgrimages, managed a trip back to the ruins of his hometown. There he discovered a giant greathammer, now his weapon of choice. Ridgire hopes to augment the hammer with his rage, freeing himself from some of his anger, and essentially making the hammer part of himself. How he's to do this, he has no idea.

KraftyKlutz

Back to top Go down

Post  KraftyKlutz Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:13 am

Heartbroken and gone insane from anger, Ridgire seeks out the help of Dedtoo, who has been possessed by his father. He convinces him to repair an amulet Dedtoo had given him to control his anger, hoping it to restore him to sanity. Ridgire also convinced Dedtoo's father to put a shard of Ridgire's spirit into the amulet. Ridgire embedded the amulet at the end of the shaft of his hammer, Legacy, filling it with his own energy, essentially making the hammer an extension of himself. Legacy will sometimes glow when Ridgire is angry, taking in his rage. If Ridgire were to die, Legacy would be all that remained of him, and could be used to resurrect him, hence its name.

I may be sane.. but I'm still heartbroken..

KraftyKlutz

Back to top Go down

Post  KraftyKlutz Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:15 pm

Finally found myself some courage.. I only hope it lasts long enough to be useful..
I've come too far to give up

KraftyKlutz

Back to top Go down

Post  KraftyKlutz Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:40 am

Ridgire has adopted Nadia as his daughter

KraftyKlutz

Back to top Go down

Post  LunaMarilandValentine Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:52 am

Ridgire wrote:Ridgire has adopted Nadia as his daughter

Don't tell Luna that then. Smile Laughing
LunaMarilandValentine
LunaMarilandValentine

Back to top Go down

Post  KraftyKlutz Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:20 am

LunaMarilandValentine wrote:
Ridgire wrote:Ridgire has adopted Nadia as his daughter

Don't tell Luna that then. Smile Laughing
Should be interesting trying to keep it a secret xD

KraftyKlutz

Back to top Go down

Post  KraftyKlutz Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:04 am

Ridgire has gone insane
Again

KraftyKlutz

Back to top Go down

Post  KraftyKlutz Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:50 am

Ridgire has had his sanity restored by Sight, and has joined his resistance as Sight's right hand man and General, and taken up refuge in Ironforge. Ridgire is still heartbroken and angry at Luna for shattering his heart.
It also seems that there are a lot who are prejudiced towards Ridgire. A fact that puts him in a worse state of mind then he already is

KraftyKlutz

Back to top Go down

Post  KraftyKlutz Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:22 am

Ridgire has snapped completely again.
This time though, the insanity seems stronger than usual
Not even his daughter can calm him down.
Is there any way to stop the raging Giant?

KraftyKlutz

Back to top Go down

Post  KraftyKlutz Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:57 pm

Ridgire experienced a spontaneous growthspurt during his insanity, and now stands 10 feet tall.
He's also starting to get restless. Let's hope he can be restored to sanity before he starts causing chaos

KraftyKlutz

Back to top Go down

Post  KraftyKlutz Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:40 am

Ridgire is becoming increasingly detatched from society

KraftyKlutz

Back to top Go down

Post  KraftyKlutz Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:10 am

Ridgire has finally been restored to sanity. However, Sight had to release Ridgire from his service in order to get a shard of his amulet from Anul. Ridgire now feels he has little purpose in Betelgeuse or Nova, and is almost entirely detached from society

KraftyKlutz

Back to top Go down

Post  KraftyKlutz Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:18 am

After learning of Arc's death by Sight's hand, and finally returning to sanity, Ridgire feels like he has been betrayed by Sight. Ridgire has gone on to found the "Brotherhood of Artel" in his castle, Castle Artel. A home for those who share his mistrust in Eli and Sight and are loyal to neither.

KraftyKlutz

Back to top Go down

Post  KraftyKlutz Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:03 am

A strange grave has appeared outside Ridgire's Castle Artel. The grave has no markings other than a cryptic poem, and whenever asked about it, Ridgire does his best to avoid the subject.
Is something afoot at Castle Artel?

KraftyKlutz

Back to top Go down

Post  KraftyKlutz Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:58 pm

Monk and Ridgire made the decision to open the mysterious grave, to find a book, an amulet and a spirit orb within. The book hinted to a crypt beneath the castle. Monk and Ridgire found the crypt, which had not been there when the castle was first built, and accidentally returned Ozymandias' spirit orb to the tomb.
Castle Artel is now possessed by the evil spirit of an ancient king, and Ridgire has moved in with Luna

KraftyKlutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down