Betelgeuse Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heeeeeelp!

3 posters

Go down

Heeeeeelp! Empty Heeeeeelp!

Post  ElectricMonk Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:58 pm

Okay. I've been trying to come up with a new character. Can't do it. Well, I shouldn't say I can't do it, I just can't find a concept that I'm terribly interested in.

I'm trying to build some enthusiasm for a slightly eccentric new character, (A terribly lost Deep Gnome, or Svirfneblin if you're up on your D&D Lore) However, I keep thinking of Monk, and on his story, the one I never quite got around to telling. I hate leaving things undone.

But I don't know that bringing back Monk in any fashion (including alternate-time-line Monk, or raised-from-the-dead Monk, or journeyed-through-hell-and-back Monk) is, or should be, Kosher. Plus, it might set an unfortunate precedent.

What do you admin like people think? Roll a deep gnome? Bring back the Monk? I'm sort of at a standstill until I figure this one out...
ElectricMonk
ElectricMonk

Back to top Go down

Heeeeeelp! Empty Re: Heeeeeelp!

Post  Eli Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:14 pm

Well, the plot in BearCraft takes place a few hundred years before the original Betelgeuse plot did. So without copious amounts of time travel, Monk being there would be a little odd.
Eli
Eli
Admin
Admin

https://betelgeuse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sight Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:20 pm

Personally, I find gnomes to be very. Blah. I just don't like them as a race. I'm sure people can pull it off, they just seem like the kobalds of the greater races. I'd say go for rolling someone like me and Eli, someone that's completely off their rocker and have a ton of fun with it. We're playing as an insane fisherman who thinks that cows are bears, eggs are fish, and fish are a god-send. And an old hermit who changes his name constantly and lives in a mismatched home inbetween two cliffs.
Sight
Sight
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ElectricMonk Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:32 pm

Bah, you never met Yossarian my lecherous 14th level Gnomish Wizard with the drinking problem, and the fancy for inappropriately timed Fireball spells.

Me: "So, the party is engaged in combat.. how big is the room?"
GM: "Oh, ten by ten. Also... wait, you're holding a lot of D6, you're not.. Oh God."
Me: "Oh they'll be fine, they have lots of HP. FIREBALL!!!!!!!!!!!"

In any case, thanks for the input, and the advice, that's giving me something to get working with again.
ElectricMonk
ElectricMonk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sight Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:57 pm

Mephisto, my level 12 Elven Archmage with an affinity for strangely placed lightning spells.

DM: "There's close to 12 pirates weilding swords separating you and your party. Do you want to talk to them sensibly?"
Me: "How many people can I hit with chain lightning? 15 max? Yeah let's do that."
DM: "I'm going to give you a free check here. Are you SURE you want to do that. You have a 1/13 chance of actually killing these things. Each."
Me: *rolls* CHAIN LIGHTNING!
The ENTIRE GROUP SURVIVES WITH 1-3 HP EACH.
Me: *Is completely destroyed by pirates on the next turn*
Sight
Sight
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: