Suggestions

Go down

Suggestions

Post  KraftyKlutz on Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:55 am

Given the nature of the last suggestion thread, I wanted to take the opportunity to start a proper suggestion thread.
This thread is for just that. Suggestions. I don't want this turning out like the last one.
Keep it civil. No demands. No arguments. Make your suggestions, and leave it there.

Thanks in advance.

KraftyKlutz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions

Post  Pan N'el Dar on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:28 am

I was wondering...are the towns going to be pre-made, or are we going to make the towns? Because I really like the idea of building the towns ourselves by hand as opposed to having everything set up for us. The starting point/neutral town should obviously be made, though, because an empty map is kinda boring.
Pan N'el Dar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  hardeu on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:30 am

I assume they are already set. Legaria takes place in a pit; industrial, steampunk like. The other city I assume takes place atop a bunch of trees, so it's a giant tree city I assume; perfect for elves/druids, etc. Hence its purpose.
And yeah it's all good when everyone has free choice to build, but I think it looks nice when homes are uniform, and everything matches and works together with the character. ie: A fish doesn't live in a house, it lives in water - just an example, if anyone gets what I'm saying.
hardeu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pan N'el Dar on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:32 am

In that case, perhaps we could build the neutral town together? It'd give us some bonding time, both IC and OOC Very Happy
Pan N'el Dar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eli on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:43 am

Well, we have the cities and spawn village built. But you'll be able to build your homes in the cities.

Granted, we do have ideas on what we want it to look like. Obviously we don't want massive cobblestone castles in the forest city. And hell, we don't want castles in general, seeing as each city has a King already.

So yeah, you'll be able to build a home, and the only real restriction on that is that it has to be a reasonable size and fit with the design of the city.
Eli
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://betelgeuse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hardeu on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:44 am

Eli wrote:Well, we have the cities and spawn village built. But you'll be able to build your homes in the cities.

Granted, we do have ideas on what we want it to look like. Obviously we don't want massive cobblestone castles in the forest city. And hell, we don't want castles in general, seeing as each city has a King already.

So yeah, you'll be able to build a home, and the only real restriction on that is that it has to be a reasonable size and fit with the design of the city.

Perfect. Will there be a height/depth limit for homes? ie; block limit/floor limit
hardeu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eli on Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:55 am

Well. In Legaria, there are two tiers to the city that are set aside for homes. Each tier is twelve blocks high.

So if the roof of your house was the floor of the tier above you, you could have eleven blocks of space to work with. And you'll be able to dig back into the walls for your house, so you have, in theory, plenty of space.

I do ask though that mining be kept either outside of the city, or on the very bottom tier, as the bottom tier is the mining and factory/smelter district.
Eli
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AGWizard on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:07 am

Eli wrote:Well, we have the cities and spawn village built. But you'll be able to build your homes in the cities.

How is the construction coming along?
AGWizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaurature on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:23 am

Eli wrote:Well. In Legaria, there are two tiers to the city that are set aside for homes. Each tier is twelve blocks high.

So if the roof of your house was the floor of the tier above you, you could have eleven blocks of space to work with. And you'll be able to dig back into the walls for your house, so you have, in theory, plenty of space.

I do ask though that mining be kept either outside of the city, or on the very bottom tier, as the bottom tier is the mining and factory/smelter district.

If the ruler of the forest place is sight, are you the ruler of legaria?

Vaurature

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eli on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:32 am

Nope. The king is in hiding do to an attempt on his life. My character is the adviser to the king, as his father was before him. The king gives him orders and he relays them, effectively acting as the voice of the king.
Eli
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaurature on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:34 am

Eli wrote:Nope. The king is in hiding do to an attempt on his life. My character is the adviser to the king, as his father was before him. The king gives him orders and he relays them, effectively acting as the voice of the king.

So sorta like the one guy in lord of the rings, in rohan? Wormtongue or somesuch. Just a bit less evil, or more evil depending.

Vaurature

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eli on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:38 am

Exactly. Less evil version of Grima Wormtongue. Or a less evil version of Jaffar from Aladin.
Eli
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sight on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:44 am

Arc/Sieg wrote:How is the construction coming along?

Construction is coming along very swiftly. Also, these cities are amazing, and we hope you all enjoy them.
Sight
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AGWizard on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:45 am

Sight wrote:

Construction is coming along very swiftly. Also, these cities are amazing, and we hope you all enjoy them.

Any idea when it will all be ready?
AGWizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sight on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:46 am

Arc/Sieg wrote:
Sight wrote:

Any idea when it will all be ready?

Nope. Within a few days hopefully. Maybe sooner, maybe later.
Sight
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Oak on Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:10 am

Eli wrote:Nope. The king is in hiding do to an attempt on his life. My character is the adviser to the king, as his father was before him. The king gives him orders and he relays them, effectively acting as the voice of the king.

For some reason I thought about the Steward of Gondor when I read that, will your character be as power-thirsty?
Oak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eli on Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:16 am

No.
Eli
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down