Grievances

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Grievances - Page 3 Empty Re: Grievances

Post  Pan N'el Dar on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:21 am

It exists!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Pan N'el Dar
Pan N'el Dar

Posts : 72
Join date : 2012-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Grievances - Page 3 Empty Re: Grievances

Post  Sight on Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:38 am

Qualin_Silverward wrote:It exists!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I've seen it, and I'm thinking about implementing it. Whenever a player says something like, "Qualin swings his sword at Vaurature" an Admin, or a Player (depending on if I give you guys permissions if I believe you can handle not spamming the shit out of this because I know some people will roll for stupid things) rolls the d20. Then depending on either who gets the higher number, or if someone rolls a critical 20, something happens or doesn't happen.
Sight
Sight
Admin
Admin

Posts : 247
Join date : 2011-12-30
Age : 26
Location : Indiana

View user profile http://betelgeuse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Grievances - Page 3 Empty Re: Grievances

Post  hardeu on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:43 pm

Vaurature wrote:
hardeu wrote:
Vaurature wrote:When i started this, i meant it to begin as a suggestions thread, not a release for any emotions you've built up.... All of my suggestions would help in their own little way, For example: A MOTW that tells us what we should expect to happen, THIS DOES NOT MEAN telling us that a fire dungeon is coming, and how to get through it. More like, : MOTW: Be prepared for a dungeon at anytime this week, it is planned. Or: MOTW: someone is going to die, but don't fret, they will be back sometime soon.

Little hints that something is going on story wise would keep us from going off on tangents. And if you see someone who is generally trying to rp, but is ignored, atleast try and rp with them, unless they are trolling or something.

I love the God modding rules, that is perhaps one of my favorite rules as it stops /me shoves his sword through {person #1}'s Chest, killing him instantly. Or /me sneaks up and slams his palms on {Person #2}'s Temples.

all in all this is a great server, and if i had a choice of millions of dollars or this server, I'd choose the millions, and donate a few to Eli and Sight to keep it up.

Something you struggle with, severely.

Oak wrote:I find god-modding very annoying, and Vaur you have done it to me before.

*Oak Swings a fist at Narkov

*Narkov blocks the fist and stabs oak in the gut

*Oak coughs up blood

*Oak swings a vine at Narkov

*Narkov catches it in mid air.

That literally happened.

Happened on many occasions.

Why must all the action happen while I am away?

I'm completely clueless, but as to the 'super character' thing, yeah, I didn't read the entire thread but if nothing was mentioned, mini-Jesus's should be un-mini-Jesusafied. First day "Narkov" arrived, he held a scolding hot blade while blocking a slap, all while shoving a dagger to my throat. This was literally a few hours after the re roll, plenty more occasions of mini-Jesus moments but that's all I have to say about 'super characters' or whatever it's called.

Yes i know narkov was a good example of godmodding, and at the time no one had anything really against that, as oak was doing the same sort of thing, and most others were aswell. Something everyone has struggled with is godmodding, and we are all going to get out of it together. So drop it. Now. Or continue with arguments that are semi-invalid, because most if not all of us did the same thing on occasion.

Also when the hell did i hold a scolding hot blade? slaps and daggers i remember, but a burning blade?

As far as I can recall, nobody has Jesus'afied themselves as much as you, I can only recall things like that happening during plot events, which I could care less about, it's a plot event, something where something WILL and is SUPPOSED to happen, so god moding is 'required'.

And don't act clueless, the first day you came as 'Narkov', you were at Oaks tree throwing a fit, I came by and all of a sudden you threw a dagger to my throat when I knocked on the tree, you then grabbed my scythe or whatever it was I had IC as it was burning hot and somehow withstood it, don't brush it off bud, I remember the text.

And I agree completely with Sight, that's something I did as Hardeu, I was mentioned earlier for 'god moding', which I'm confused. As a Sniper back before my first character died, I shot arrows that would land near players to 'freak' them, as I was half evil at the time. I wouldn't consider this un acceptable as I didn't do anything over powered or 'omgwtfhow'. If there is anything else, bring it to the table, because I don't recall Jesus'afying my character at any time, excluding those arrow shots, which also have in character reasons behind it.
hardeu
hardeu

Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-12-30
Age : 24
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Grievances - Page 3 Empty Re: Grievances

Post  Sight on Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:55 pm

The Administration Team would like to announce that upon reinstating the server, we will also be including the D&DCraft Plugin. Which features the /roll command. The only die we encourage you to use is the standard d20. No one needs to use a 14d18. If you really have a GOOD reason for doing so, please let us know before you roll stuff like that.

Sincerely,

Sight Foreson
Sight
Sight
Admin
Admin

Posts : 247
Join date : 2011-12-30
Age : 26
Location : Indiana

View user profile http://betelgeuse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Grievances - Page 3 Empty Re: Grievances

Post  Eli on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:07 pm

We also encourage you not to roll for every little thing. Say you jump out of a window. You don't need to roll to see how it goes. mcMMO will tell you if you rolled or not, and if you didn't you obviously took damage, so ICly it went poorly. The only thing this plugin needs to be used for is RPing combat.
Eli
Eli
Admin
Admin

Posts : 123
Join date : 2011-12-30
Age : 27

View user profile http://betelgeuse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Grievances - Page 3 Empty Re: Grievances

Post  Pan N'el Dar on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:37 pm

Sounds awesome! That pretty well sorts out the problems with god modding and combat Smile

Also, I'm not much for coding, but if you admins need help with anything, message me. My work hours have been completely cut for next week, which also happens to be reading week. So, with the exception of playing Skyrim like a bawss, working on that "individual pursuit" I mentioned and possibly writing out some notes, I won't have much to do.
Pan N'el Dar
Pan N'el Dar

Posts : 72
Join date : 2012-01-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Grievances - Page 3 Empty Re: Grievances

Post  Eli on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:50 pm

We have also added an alchemy plugin. To use it, simply place a chest over a block of lava with redstone leading to the chest, place your ingredients in the chest, and activate the redstone. If you have placed a valid alchemical recipe in the chest, there is a 50% chance that it will transmute, a 40% chance that it will fail, and a 10% chance that it will explode.

Good luck finding the recipes.
Eli
Eli
Admin
Admin

Posts : 123
Join date : 2011-12-30
Age : 27

View user profile http://betelgeuse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Grievances - Page 3 Empty Re: Grievances

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum