Betelgeuse Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lore and Shit

2 posters

Go down

Lore and Shit Empty Lore and Shit

Post  Sneak0070 Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:42 pm

Right. So I'm at school, pretending to help people with math until 5:30 today. So I've got a few ideas for backstory lore, and if nobody cares, I'm going to be writing some up and posting it here throughout the day.

But first: What the hell is the country name, and did we make an official decision on the naga and spiderfolk races?
Sneak0070
Sneak0070

Back to top Go down

Lore and Shit Empty Re: Lore and Shit

Post  ElectricMonk Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:13 pm

Dunno. But my personal opinion is, Spider-folk/Naga = Awesome.

If we tell people to install the mod, and they don't do it and things look funky to them, I'd say that's their problem. But that's my .02

Sneaky!!! Let the ideas commence. C'mon, I'm bored and just pretending to work anyhow Very Happy
ElectricMonk
ElectricMonk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sneak0070 Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:32 pm

Glad I'm not alone! Here, this is what I have so far for the human lore. I'm think it be best to have a seperate lore for each race, to show their own point of view, so this is the human one. I have some ideas for the elf lore too, but it's hard to do too much without knowing the finally word on what races are allowed. Right now I'm writing it like they're not, though I've left opening for them.

HUMAN LORE COMMENCE:
Spoiler:

EDIT:
Got some more crap. I... have no idea for dwarf lore. None.

ELF LORE COMMENCE:
Spoiler:
Sneak0070
Sneak0070

Back to top Go down

Post  ElectricMonk Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:03 pm

Not bad. So the idea is the humans are allied with most everyone at this point, with the exception of the Orcs, because Orcs.

ElectricMonk
ElectricMonk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sneak0070 Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:09 pm

Yeah, but they have the internal conflict of the cult. Because there were cultists mentioned yesterday. And who doesn't enjoy a nice cult now and then?
Sneak0070
Sneak0070

Back to top Go down

Post  ElectricMonk Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:18 pm

Hey I'm a fan. Ofcourse, if we're sticking with the Cults as they were previously considered, (IE. Cults of the Elder Gods), they're really *everyones* enemy, although mostly indirectly.
ElectricMonk
ElectricMonk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sneak0070 Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:21 pm

Yeah, I hinted at them not liking the elves either. I figure at some point in the point something will be done about them, but for the start, they'll be a mostly human problem and cause tension between human and elf.
Sneak0070
Sneak0070

Back to top Go down

Post  ElectricMonk Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:21 pm

So, do we have anything official at this point? Or are still throwing things at Eli and Sight and seeing what sticks to them? Very Happy
ElectricMonk
ElectricMonk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sneak0070 Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:54 pm

If you get on the server, assuming they haven't changed anything, they have some books that have the approved races, which are humans, dwarfs, elves, orcs, anansi(spiderfolk) and coatl(naga).

They also have the relationships between the races, and how each race approaches magic.

No official backstory or anything like that, that I know of.

Also, Sight spent most of yesterday streaming himself working on painting the map. It looks pretty awesome so far. ^-^
Sneak0070
Sneak0070

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down