Interesting ideas for fights.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Interesting ideas for fights.

Post  Vaurature on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:17 pm

Instead of just, /me swings for player2's head, or /me kicks out at player1's knee, and then failing being them catching your blade or blocking, have it like /me misses and buries his blade in the wall nearby,{minus 2 or a reasonable number to next roll} or /me missteps and falls off the cliff {depending on height could be a incapacitation}

These are some ideas that would be more immersive, aswell as the iead of instead of just parrying, fienting, and a number of other sword attacks, bow attacks and such, make it seem like your character is actually thinking two steps ahead, or two steps behind.

Also taps/slaps should be unblockable unless the one doing the slapping or tapping does it with a weapon, or a mail clad fist.

Simple things right?

Vaurature

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Interesting ideas for fights.

Post  Dedtoo on Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:46 pm

Sounds good to me.
Actually did something similar recently... Trying to bite someone, missing and biting the stone floor they were on (damn you dice!), and resulting in me having a slight dental problem. Didn't do anything with it during the fight though...
Dedtoo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sight on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:21 pm

Alright. I'll just lift you above my head then. It doesn't do any damage, and it would be unavoidable. Sounds good.
Sight
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://betelgeuse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaurature on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:01 am

Sight wrote:Alright. I'll just lift you above my head then. It doesn't do any damage, and it would be unavoidable. Sounds good.

Nice sarcasm. But still, if it's not planned to end up with damage done to the character, then it shouldn't be rolled for all to strictly.

Vaurature

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sight on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:25 am

If players wish to roll for things. They may. HOWEVER. If its something fucking ridiculous, like jumping off a building and wanting to see how you land. They need to do /rollhide.
Sight
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://betelgeuse.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaurature on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:13 am

Sight wrote:If players wish to roll for things. They may. HOWEVER. If its something fucking ridiculous, like jumping off a building and wanting to see how you land. They need to do /rollhide.

i don't know if that command is available, though that was last time i checked a few days ago.

Vaurature

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top